Roadrunner grader blade
- More rugged and gets the job done faster and better than a box grader
- More agile than a motor grader and a fraction of the cost
Roadrunner grading blade vs. a standard box grader
- Heavy duty construction gives it the durability to last and the weight to cut into tight packed material. Box graders are likely to bend when grading over hard packed materials and are too light to bite into hard surfaces.
- Angle mounted blades slice into the surface. Box graders’ single blade is mounted parallel to the towing axle and therefore creates wind rows.
- Dual blades do more work on a single pass and eliminate wash- boarding. Box graders have a single blade that tends to bounce and create a rippled surface. If excess material spills over Roadrunner’s front blade, the back blade spreads it evenly over the surface.
- Depth of cut can be adjusted independently on each side to allow you to maintain a crown.
Roadrunner grading blade vs. a motor grader
- Side panels eliminate windrows by capturing material and pushing it back onto the surface. A motor grader tends to push material to the side of the roadway creating windrows.
- The operator has excellent visibility to both blades.
- The operator requires only an hour or less of practice. Motor grader operators need extensive training and skill, which translates into high labor cost.
- Roadrunner can maneuver in and out of tight quarters and pivot within a narrow space that is impossible for a motor grader.
We sell two heavy duty series (for contractors) and an FR Series (for property owners). Heavy duty series are designed for higher horsepower tractors (BJ and BH series) or for lower horsepower tractors or skid steers (CJ and CH series). Heavy duty series models provide blade adjustment with either screw jacks (BJ and CJ) or hydraulic assist (BH and CH). Roadrunner works well as a road grader, driveway grader, trail grader, road drag, material spreader, road maintainer, road scraper, finish grader, or landscape grader.
The MT (Multi-Task) Trench Paver is our newest model, especially designed to spread asphault, or other material in a trench, or other confined area. It works well as a trench filler, asphalt spreader, material spreader, wholder grader, sidewalk grader, shoulder grader, or median strip maintainer.